The Sheep's Meow
Based in New Jersey, USA
You are a tiny creature in a dangerous world. Lead your defenseless children to safety. Adapt to new predators each level … until you evolve into a different species.
Survive in an evolving environment by morphing between light & dark forms to camouflage from your predators.
But be careful: you won’t be able to see yourself either. Lose the ability to see where you are, and learn to feel & know where you’re going.
"It looks like a Mondrian Möbius strip collapsing in on itself, taking Bridget Riley optical illusions and military dazzle camo kicking and screaming with it ... It’s a mix of chill bullet-hell intensity diced with fight-or-flight stealth. It’s intuitive, but weird." - David Wolinsky, Kill Screen
- EXPOSURE: Being out in the open is unsafe. When you’re playing well, you can’t see yourself. Learn to know and feel where you are.
- Intuitive Controls: Move in any direction, and switch between light & dark. Begin as a defenseless bug, but evolve into something greater based on your path.
- Entrancing World: Over 36 unique branching paths through 11 procedurally generated areas. Psychedelic minimalist design and atmospheric soundscapes.
- Intense Bosses: Each area introduces new predators and parasites. Though everything is much more powerful than you, everything has a weakness.
- Daily Challenge: When you play the Daily Challenge, you only get one chance at it. Give it all your focus!
- Leaderboards: Discover the fastest route, or play to create the largest population. The Daily Challenge has its own separate leaderboard.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "PAX Rising at PAX East - Official Selection" Boston, MA, April, 2019
- "IndieCade - Finalist" Los Angeles, CA, October, 2018
- "Boston Festival of Indie Games - Winner, Best Experimental Game Design" Cambridge MA, September, 2018
- "Indie MEGABOOTH at PAX East - Official Selection" Boston MA, April, 2018
- "Indie MEGABOOTH at GDC - Official Selection " San Francisco CA, March, 2018
- "MAGFest - Official Selection" National Harbor MD, January, 2018
- "Boston Festival of Indie Games - Official Selection" Cambridge MA, September, 2017
- "Smithsonian American Art Museum Arcade - Official Selection" Washington DC, August, 2017
- "Game Devs of Color Expo - Official Selection" New York NY, June, 2017
- "NYU Game Center Incubator - Official Selection & Grant Recipient" New York NY, June, 2017
- "It looks like a Mondrian Möbius strip collapsing in on itself, taking Bridget Riley optical illusions and military dazzle camo kicking and screaming with it ... It’s a mix of chill bullet-hell intensity diced with fight-or-flight stealth. It’s intuitive, but weird."
- David Wolinsky, Kill Screen
- "Channels nature's beauty and brutality into a stealth game."
- Stephanie Chan, GamesBeat
- "Mezmerizing... really really dope."
- Paul Tamayo, The Optional
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Find our listing on Steam Greenlight at steamcommunity.com.
Find brief development updates and behind-the-scenes postings at thesheepsmeow.com.
Find brief development updates and behind-the-scenes postings at thesheepsmeow.tumblr.com.
About The Sheep's Meow
The Sheep's Meow creates games that make you see differently. They are currently developing EXPOSURE, a game of camouflage (Steam & Xbox One) and No Body Home (TBA).
More information on The Sheep's Meow, our logo & relevant media are available here.