The Sheep's Meow
Based in New Jersey, USA
Steam (Win, Mac)
You are a tiny creature in a dangerous world. Lead your defenseless children to safety. Adapt to new predators each level … until you evolve into a different species.
Survive in an evolving environment by morphing between light & dark forms to camouflage from your predators.
But be careful: you won’t be able to see yourself either. Lose the ability to see where you are, and learn to feel & know where you’re going.
"It looks like a Mondrian Möbius strip collapsing in on itself, taking Bridget Riley optical illusions and military dazzle camo kicking and screaming with it ... It’s a mix of chill bullet-hell intensity diced with fight-or-flight stealth. It’s intuitive, but weird." - David Wolinsky, Kill Screen
- EXPOSURE: Being out in the open is unsafe. When you’re playing well, you can’t see yourself. Learn to know and feel where you are.
- Intuitive Controls: Move in any direction, and switch between light & dark. Begin as a defenseless bug, but evolve into something greater based on your path.
- Entrancing World: Over 36 unique branching paths through 11 procedurally generated areas. Psychedelic minimalist design and atmospheric soundscapes.
- Intense Bosses: Each area introduces new predators and parasites. Though everything is much more powerful than you, everything has a weakness.
- Daily Challenge: When you play the Daily Challenge, you only get one chance at it. Give it all your focus!
- Leaderboards: Discover the fastest route, or play to create the largest population. The Daily Challenge has its own separate leaderboard.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "PAX Rising at PAX East - Official Selection" Boston MA, April, 2019
- "IndieCade - Finalist" Los Angeles CA, October, 2018
- "Boston Festival of Indie Games - Winner, Best Experimental Game Design" Cambridge MA, September, 2018
- "Indie MEGABOOTH at PAX East - Official Selection" Boston MA, April, 2018
- "Indie MEGABOOTH at GDC - Official Selection " San Francisco CA, March, 2018
- "MAGFest - Official Selection" National Harbor MD, January, 2018
- "Boston Festival of Indie Games - Official Selection" Cambridge MA, September, 2017
- "Smithsonian American Art Museum Arcade - Official Selection" Washington DC, August, 2017
- "Game Devs of Color Expo - Official Selection" New York NY, June, 2017
- "NYU Game Center Incubator - Official Selection & Grant Recipient" New York NY, June, 2017
- "It looks like a Mondrian Möbius strip collapsing in on itself, taking Bridget Riley optical illusions and military dazzle camo kicking and screaming with it ... It’s a mix of chill bullet-hell intensity diced with fight-or-flight stealth. It’s intuitive, but weird."
- David Wolinsky, Kill Screen
- "Channels nature's beauty and brutality into a stealth game."
- Stephanie Chan, GamesBeat
- "Mezmerizing... really really dope."
- Paul Tamayo, The Optional
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Find more info at thesheepsmeow.com.
Find our listing on Steam Greenlight at steamcommunity.com.
About The Sheep's Meow
The Sheep's Meow creates games that make you see differently. They are currently developing EXPOSURE, a game of camouflage and No Body Home.
More information on The Sheep's Meow, our logo & relevant media are available here.