The Sheep's Meow
Based in New Jersey, USA
Steam (Win, Mac)
A game of camouflage where you can’t see yourself.
Change colors to hide, dodge predators, and survive intense bosses in the abstract wilderness of stealth non-bullet hell.
Lose the ability to see where you are, and learn to feel and know where you’re going.
"... you’re completely invisible, making it a tense, twitchy, but also very zen-like type of affair." - Katherine Castle, Rock Paper Shotgun
"chill bullet-hell intensity diced with fight-or-flight stealth." - David Wolinsky, Kill Screen
"Channel’s nature’s beauty and brutality into a stealth game." - Stephanie Chan, GamesBeat
- EXPOSURE: Being out in the open is unsafe. When you’re playing well, you can’t see yourself. Learn to know and feel where you are.
- Intuitive Controls: Move in any direction, and switch between light & dark. Begin as a defenseless bug, but evolve into something greater based on your path.
- Entrancing World: Over 36 unique branching paths through 11 procedurally generated areas. Psychedelic minimalist design and atmospheric soundscapes.
- Intense Bosses: Each area introduces new predators and parasites. Though everything is much more powerful than you, everything has a weakness.
- Daily Challenge: When you play the Daily Challenge, you only get one chance at it. Give it all your focus!
- Leaderboards: Discover the fastest route, or play to create the largest population. The Daily Challenge has its own separate leaderboard.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "PAX Rising at PAX East - Official Selection" Boston MA, April, 2019
- "IndieCade - Finalist" Los Angeles CA, October, 2018
- "Boston Festival of Indie Games - Winner, Best Experimental Game Design" Cambridge MA, September, 2018
- "Indie MEGABOOTH at PAX East - Official Selection" Boston MA, April, 2018
- "Indie MEGABOOTH at GDC - Official Selection " San Francisco CA, March, 2018
- "MAGFest - Official Selection" National Harbor MD, January, 2018
- "Boston Festival of Indie Games - Official Selection" Cambridge MA, September, 2017
- "Smithsonian American Art Museum Arcade - Official Selection" Washington DC, August, 2017
- "Game Devs of Color Expo - Official Selection" New York NY, June, 2017
- "NYU Game Center Incubator - Official Selection & Grant Recipient" New York NY, June, 2017
- "It looks like a Mondrian Möbius strip collapsing in on itself, taking Bridget Riley optical illusions and military dazzle camo kicking and screaming with it ... It’s a mix of chill bullet-hell intensity diced with fight-or-flight stealth. It’s intuitive, but weird."
- David Wolinsky, Kill Screen
- "Channels nature's beauty and brutality into a stealth game."
- Stephanie Chan, GamesBeat
- "Mesmerizing... really really dope."
- Paul Tamayo, The Optional
- "This is GOOD. This is the kind of game I want to see coming out of the indie community."
- Jury, MAGFest
- "One of the most impressive and unique games I saw … It’s a phenomenal representation of the inventiveness of indie games and the unique mechanics they can bring to the table."
- Jacob Wood, IndieHangover
- "With its psychedelic art style and addictive gameplay based around camouflage, EXPOSURE is a game you can find yourself getting lost in."
- Chris Aiken, Black Nerd Problems
- "It makes you (the player) look at you (the played) and think about where that you-ness sits."
- Holly Gramazio, hollygramazio.net
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Find more info at thesheepsmeow.com.
Find our listing on Steam Greenlight at steamcommunity.com.
About The Sheep's Meow
The Sheep's Meow creates games that make you see differently. They are currently developing EXPOSURE, a game of camouflage and No Body Home.
More information on The Sheep's Meow, our logo & relevant media are available here.